Scraping, therapeutically

A pinch and a punch on a rainy, dreary Sunday in which Lorraine and I had a perfectly nice time pottering about indoors. Funny how being at home together doing ordinary things can be exactly what's needed. We did some protracted scraping in the big bedroom, which is now almost done, but it seems parts of it will need to be re-plastered as the previous layers had concealed a world of horror. Doing this sort of thing can be quite therapeutic I find. Lorraine zooming about getting ready for her trip to the Isle of Wight with dozens of schoolchildren all next week. I am going to miss her. We've not been apart for so long since I went to Chad. I'm hoping the Isle of Wight might be a bit less gruelling.

Thankfully, I am feeling a tad more lively today, than I have felt for a while. Spoke to Toby via text for a while, as he was marking books in Creamer cafe.

Comments