The Balkan dogs of positivity

So what a difference a day makes. Hot night, but I was up and ready to make a difference. Set aside everything in search of a quick win. This was found in the shape of the short story Defenders of Guernsey I wrote for the Guernsey Literary Festival, which I am going to get kindle ready as an experiment, rather than have it languish on my hard drive, I began to fix a few of the problems and typos, and make a few slight rewrites, to republish it in a new kindle edition. Felt good to be tackling the Guernsey Goat again. This is also prompted by Amanda's new game which is in development, and was partly inspired by the story. So why not?

Good news, the pitch I'd worked on concerning the fate of balkan dogs, was won with my creative work. This was a bit of a boost as the last three things I have worked on have all resulted in won pitches. My lovely French clients phoned from Paris and I have two new briefs to work on for next week.

Also received a card from Richard bearing a likeness of la Gran'mère, which is clearly a card of good omen.

By the end of the day I was feeling a good deal more positive than yesterday.

In the evening off to The Basketmakers to meet Glen aka Fingers, who I'd not seen for a couple of years. He is now living in Greece with the charming Eleni, who came to the pub too. Really nice woman, and we discussed the vote to come this weekend in the Greek referendum. Eleni is firmly on the OXI! side of things, which quite frankly so am I.  Matt came too so it was just like old times. We were later joined by Matt's new friend Reuben and we had a really fun evening. Glen is looking very well, and cheery and is sporting a pair of impressive tattoos inside each forearm. One reads Серге́й Рахма́нинов which is his hero Sergei Rachmaninoff, and the other is Eleni's name.

Walked part of the way home, with my evil foot managing the task reasonably well. Home to tell Lorraine all about it in bed.

Comments