Memories and prospects

Up to London early this morning, sauntering down to Preston Park before seven. Arrived in Turnham Green and was in the office before Matty. A pleasant day. With two meetings, one with our nice new client who taken me under her wing at the conference I'd been to recently, and the other with a really nice film-making duo. From various conversations it emerged that I might be asked to go on location, probably Africa, in October. An exciting prospect for a first-time trip.

After work enjoyed a couple of beers and a long chat with Matt about all kinds of subjects in the The George IV, although much changed it is a boozer woven into my personal history. Matt and I sat outside looking up at a door served by a wrought-iron staircase into an upstairs room I used to read poems in as part of The Wooden Lambs group, apart from the purely recreational drinking that went on at other times when I was a denizen of Chiswick.

Home then on the train, surrounded by talking animatedly about England's dismal day's cricket against the Australians. Pleased to be home, and Lorraine fed me noodles, and I fed myself disgracefully with ice cream. All well.


Comments