All's well that ends well

Begun work on my new French briefs (insert Frankie Howerd style titter). I also read something this morning about about breaking tasks down to things achievable in fifteen minutes, called fifteeners. I tried it this morning, with excellent results. Powered through lots of work today, and completed the rewriting of Defenders of Guernsey, which after a final proof read I will attempt to upload in the next few days. Just nice to be able to complete something. A nice chat with Mum this morning too.

Sonia making me laugh by telling me that garlic was 'illegal' in her house, due to Barry's antipathy to it. She was also deriding English reaction to a bit of warm weather.

Lorraine working from home this afternoon, although we spent some of the time looking at a local young fox snoozing through the afternoon in the back garden. Our cats, and Cactus the next door cat completely unbothered by it. In fact Cactus joined it in a snooze a few feet away.

I ended the week feeling buoyant and cheery unlike on Wednesday. In the evening Lorraine and I walked down to meet Betty in The Open House by London Road station. Betty had been down to see Pat and Maureen, that Shaun the Sheep video won't watch itself, then had been working in Eastbourne. We had a cheeky couple of drinks and a chicken wrap in the beer garden, where I also had a pint of cold lager for the first time in the long and hot week. Very nice it was too. So nice, in fact, that I simply had another one.

A fox snoozes on the shade of our patio.



Comments