Constant work

So now working constantly. Third day of working in London after my surprise call on Monday evening. Back with my chums in Tavistock Square. First Matie popped in on a social call (as she'd worked there for some time). Also nice to see my other friends who work here. Feeling pretty tired as I started the week feeling underpowered, and I've also had to work on some stuff for my French client at night and on the train. I will be working through the weekend.

Nice to be in London though, and pausing to look at the caryatids near Euston station. I love seeing these things and have tried to write a poem about them before. And today I melted away from my desk in the afternoon and walked around Tavistock Square and looked at Gandhi for five minutes.

Home and reading poems and listening to podcasts. Lorraine and Betty still doing the diets and so on. Naturally now Lorraine is working at home, I am in London. So it goes.  Falling into bed like an exhausted dog, and Lorraine reading the last of the novel Kokoro to me in a wifely way, which we have almost finished now after about six months.

Below a couple of snaps made while walking from St Pancras. Newton outside the British Library, and the caryatids.



Comments