Happy Pottering

A happy day spending quality time with Lorraine. Up early, and organising things from the safety of bed, such as booking a holiday in Greece, by way of expressing solidarity with the Greeks and having a top time too, we picked up something of a bargain as well. This done Lorraine drive off to do pilates and I walked down to the gym, through the sunny park, where I pushed myself still trying to make up lost fitness ground. Feels really good to be doing physical stuff again. We are turning things around together, which is good. Beth and Lorraine are going onto a full blooded diet next week, involving drinking shakes and so on. I will continue on solids.

Lorraine and I arrived home at the exactly the same time and spent the afternoon in the garden, cutting back and replanting. A wealth of blooms in the garden with too many flowers to name. A chat with Jenny next door who gave us a lavender plant, and said her son Robbie was running in the European Junior athletics championships for the first time in the 15,000 metres. Lorraine checked later and he had come 5th, which is impressive.

I was also emailed by Josephine Corcoran who said she would use one of my poems on her And other poems site in November, which is cheery.

I cooked us a vegetarian chilli and we watched the last Harry Potter movie that was on TV and shared a bottle of wine. I'd lost track of the Potter films, and didn't read the last four of the books, but it was fun anyway. Quick facetime chat with the Tobster too. A happy day.

Comments