Milked out

Pressed on with the cow diseases but had milked my brain of all possible ideas by mid afternoon, brain frazzled but having done some decent work. Sat out in the garden late afternoon under the lilac tree where I disturbed the fox, and tried unsuccessfully to think about poetry. Although I glanced again at the Your name here book by John Ashbery, and found I still liked the poems I'd liked yesterday.

Spoke to Sonia again today, who was again laughing about Greeks, saying that if they made an allegiance with Russia, they'd have to pay the money back.

Very welcome when Lorraine returned home, and we I walked down through the park, and made off to The Batty with the idea of sitting in the sun garden. But we sat indoors instead, as this was crammed. Here we discussing lots of stuff with her to do with my business, and writing and so on. She is tremendously good to talk to about things and has a knack for tree/wood discernment. Then where we met Beth, fresh outta Eastbourne, and John for a bite to eat and some beers. Lorraine and I caught a cheery cab home.

Comments