Fresh starts

Lorraine up very early this morning, so I did too. Both of us had a poor night's sleep.

I climbed into a notional helicopter and peered down on my activities. I'm usually pretty good at managing my workflow and not prone to prevarication, but I seem to be frittering time on inessentials so spent much time today examining my activities with a cold and beady eye.

Made time for a haircut at the usual place. Friendly lot there.

Also today was the day that Lorraine and I nominated to get a grip on weight and fitness. So watching our diet, and I hauled my butt to the gym for, freakishly enough, I can both stand and walk. This time the gym didn't distress my recently torn thigh. Am feeling unfit but better for starting.

Back home for miso soup and noodles, then a bit more puzzling about priorities before walking to Janet and Ken's house. Janet has appointed me as one of her attorneys should she need help taking decisions in future. Sensible to get this kind of stuff sorted. Need to get my will sorted out so I can leave the vast Kenny estate to a distressed tropical fish home. Ken a bit croaky with a new cold, and Janet saying she is beginning to feel her old self in flashes after the radiotherapy, which is good news.

Lorraine and I had a much needed quiet night. Reading a bit more of John Ashbery, who I like in flashes. And I read more of the Japanese book we have been sporadically reading each other since January. About 80 percent done.

Comments