The week is done

Our bid on the messy house was unsuccessful, someone had bid the same amount as us, but was able to move more swiftly. Lorraine and I press on remorselessly, however, into the next ring of House Move Hell. I might suggest it to Amanda as a new board game, so, mad-eyed, I can slam meeples around the board in endless circles.

Otherwise admin and waiting for many hours for a bit more German work to turn up, and sending and receiving emails to Robin plotting next Wednesday's poetry beano/pamphlet launch in Lewes. Turns out that famous and successful poets, who I met a couple of times in a very former life, John Agard and Grace Nichols are having an event in Lewes at the same time as us. The two parties are apparently to meet up in the Lewes Arms afterwards, so I can keep my achievements in proper perspective.

Beth home in the afternoon,  sitting on Lorraine's desk and printing off comedy skits for her class tomorrow. After I had phoned lots more estate agents I dragged the body of the working week into an alley, and popped a few caps into its skull. This done, Beth and I went to the Hare and Hounds for a beer and a bit of a chat. Lorraine arrived a little later, and we talked of property matters and so on before driving up to meet Jess and Andrew in a nice curry house called Spice Village in Cuckfield, not far from where they live. Good food and pleasant staff, and nice to catch up with Jess and Andrew who I increasingly like.

We went back with them to meet Winnie, who is some kind of cross between a poodle and a spaniel or perhaps a terrier or St. Bernard or something. My dog knowledge is insufficient. It looked like an animated furry toy, and was undoubtedly the cutest dog ever and they are both besotted with it. Lorraine cooing over Winnie too a good deal before we drove home, and it snuffled charmingly into my palm a few times.

Important cyber news: Richard has a blog, which you can find here: Bard at Bay and I've also added it to the sidebar for continual no-holds-bard access.

Below a local art gallery round the corner, with a neon noose gleaming in sinister fashion from inside. Winnie the cute dog.



Comments