Hard and cheerful nose day

Strapped on my hard nose and fell to bargaining over the house we liked at the weekend, and although we are waiting for confirmation tomorrow, we are optimistic about a good result. Between this kind of thing, I did small amounts of preparing for my pamphlet launch in Lewes on Wednesday. And chatted a bit to Betty and John. Beth still at home and poorly. I also took a brief for a pesky bit of work, and also saw another house this evening just in case. Feeling decisive and positive today.

Off in the evening, having been driven by the lovely Lorraine, whose day included having to cover for a colleague whose husband unfortunately died today, to sit in a room in the 3 Jolly Brewers for a Brighton Poetry Stanza meeting. A good-humoured evening, with some excellent work. Nice to see Andie looking very healthy after her op, and Robin and Antony. I read a new poem which people I think liked but had little to say about in terms of improvements. Straight home after, feeling tired but in good cheer.

Comments