Spattering

Working from home on a full day's freelance. Lorraine also able to work from home today too, which was nice. Neither of us particularly enthused by the prospect of work, but all well. After work went off to my doctor to show him my blocked ear, and arrange for it to be syringed. My life is full of such glamour. Had to wait a long time for the privilege in the waiting room, and found myself unable to press on with Paradise Lost, but instead resorted to Tetris.

Back home briefly to eat the world's tastiest chicken, ham, leek and tarragon pie, fashioned by my lovely wife, before heading back out with Beth, John and Lorraine to see Lucy, starring the highly-watchable Scarlet Johansson who we'd last seen in the excellent Under the skin. Lucy was a bit of a SF romp and not so memorable, but it was nevertheless entertaining in a blood spattering way, with a few nicely weird moments, and short too. Lorraine and I quite enjoyed it, but it was everything Beth hated.

From there to have a single drink in The Basketmakers, where we bumped briefly into Carrie, before Lorraine and I repaired sensibly home leaving John and Beth to the Hare and Hounds. Went to bed and started reading the poems of Swedish poet Tomas Tranströmer before sleep.

Below Scarlet Johansson in SF mode again.


Comments