Joyful railings

Up early and stole downstairs for a cup of tea and some toast this morning, and stole out into the morning air and sloped off  into London. The Phantom Railing clanked as I walked past them on the way into the office again. I love this piece of public art.

Finished one of the strangest weeks of work I think I have ever had, and walked free, or freeish having some more to do at the weekend before I can put this strange job to bed. Nevertheless , clanging imaginary joyful railings.

I had arranged to meet Betty on the train, but she just missed it. I drank the can of beer I had bought for me, and the one I had bought for Betty and texted her to tell her. Lorraine was at the station to collect us, and we went to the new station bar to wait for Betty and then John.

Lorraine and I slipped out for a curry in a different restaurant. Not as good as our usual which was too busy tonight. Just great to be home with my lovely wife after a long week.

Comments