Lorraine arrives

Another night of atrocious and unnerving dreams. Very strange. Breakfast of tomatoes fried in a little Guernsey butter on toast. Good morning of work, and I went off at lunchtime for another mooch around in St Peter Port. Hung out by the lighthouse, watching people fishing, including one guy catch three bass in ten minutes, and a boy learning how to cast, who almost caught me twice, despite the fact I was standing at least 10 metres from him. Very nostalgic this for me, remembering fishing off the lighthouse and the White Rock opposite.

Then met Jane and Richard in Town, in the little French cafe. Quizzing Jane's on details of her  alter ego as the Camilla-lookalike. The work she is doing with Alison Jackson is extraordinary. Lots of what I was told, Jane warned me not to mention here. It would make your hair curl.

A taxi back to La Barbarie, a local man I chatted to happily. He told me he used to visit Southampton a lot, and I joked that he should have done it while Matt Le Tissier was playing for Southampton, turned out that he was Guernsey's football superstar's older brother.

After a shower, settled happily into the bar at the Barbarie reading my H.G. Wells book and nursing a pint till Lorraine arrived. Uncommonly happy to see her. We went back to the appartment, and Lorraine fell asleep for ten minutes and when I woke her she said she'd been having a nightmare... Gothic plotlines about haunted rooms came to me instantly. I chose not to share them with Lorraine.

Pleasant meal in La Barbarie, and we shared a bottle of fizzy wine. All good and both of us very happy.

Below Castle Cornet, fishing at the Lighthouse, and shot while waiting for the bus outside La Barbarie, and a snap of St Peter Port.




Comments