The passions of barbers

Met Anton for a coffee in the Marwood at 1pm, and we shared a chocolate brownie, seeing as I was on holiday. Showed Anton my new laptop, and we chewed a lot of cud as Anton has had a dire year. A new start awaits.

A haircut at the new place, but a silent hairdresser, who burst with indignation when the radio news covered the story of a an inconsequential Tory MP joining the reality TV show I’m a celebrity get me out of here where she will be forced to eat things like insects and kangaroo testicles, instead of doing the important work of a constituency MP. As a rule I don’t like it when barbers get emotional when they are cutting my hair. It drove this one to a frenzy of combing and drying the hair he had cut, till my scalp felt desiccated. No to the passions of barbers...

I faffed about this afternoon, getting ready. Realised I’d booked a very early flight, which means getting a very early train so packing had to be done tonight. Lorraine packing some of her stuff into my bag, which is fine, and sitting on the bed talking to Dawn on the phone, and cackling with laughter as I packed, while Calliope sat on top of my case getting in the way as often as possible. Lorraine had quite a significant day at work, with new options arising and we had lots to talk about over a large glass of wine (or two) when she got home.

Comments