A day of gladness

Ah the bliss that is Friday. Felt very happy on the train this morning, which was even on time today. I listened to Over by Peter Hammill and liked it a good deal. A really good lyricist, and music from the prog side of the 70s that doesn't sound dated, that does not sound self-indulgent but is often extraordinary. After this I listened to Clameur for the first time in many months, and felt quite proud of it, and I texted Matt to let him know. I have an unfortunate tendency that once I have done something, I simply think it's not good enough and move on. It did me good to actually hear what Matt and I had achieved, and be glad and proud about it.

And this something of a super Friday, as I am not working next week, and it has coincided with the big turning point financial turning point too. A pleasant enough day, working on parasites again and generally keeping out of trouble.

So happy to be home tonight, went straight to the Shahi where I met Lorraine and Jess and Andrew who were still at the poppadom and cold beer stage, a stage I was incredibly happy to join. Pleasant evening, and I came home and had some ouzo to round the evening off, feeling very cheerful indeed at the prospect of having a week off, and having the weekend with Lorraine ahead of me.

Comments