Apple fanboy

A slow start to the day, Lorraine and I revelling in not having to get up. Eventually hunger for Quorn sausage sandwiches drove us up. Plus the arrival of two secondhand books, one by Roland Barthes, the other about HG Wells.

I had to go to the twitten, to let the plumber in. I misread my times and got there an hour early, and had to wait. Alf the plumber was running late, so I ended up having to wait for almost two hours. Luckily I had my notebook and a pen with me, and used the time to work on my new poem. Alf could find nothing wrong with the shower, after many tests.

Then into town to go about the important business of buying new underwear and socks from Marks and Sparks and a MacBook Air from the Apple shop. Lorraine with me thank God, as the place was incredibly crowded as the iPad Mini was just launched.  I would have simply gone away and returned another day. Lorraine compelled someone to serve us right away, after being told it may take between 5-10 minutes. Lorraine said this was unacceptable, and biff we were soon walking out of the store with a new computer, after Lorraine corrected them on the laptop I'd bought too them initially having brought down a slightly more expensive one. She's worth her weight in gold. Loving my new laptop, on which I am writing this blog in bed. It is thin, light and blade-like and a thing of beauty. I have finally succumbed to being an Apple fanboy. Everything about the computer, down to its packaging is just great.

Gloating over it like Gollum.

In the evening off to The Batty with Lorraine, where we met Anton, and were soon joined by Rosie, Matt, Wayne and Jonathan, and Betty (home for the evening) and Laura. A rather lively night ensued. Wayne on a roll in his new job, and was phoned by the managing director of the company with congratulations in selling lots of kitchens. All good fun. Lorraine and I walked home late, and happy. Ate a naughty post midnight piece of cheese on toast. Lovely.






Comments