A reactionary moment

A lazy start, as I had a doctor's appointment this morning: a long wait in the waiting room, followed by a long wait in the pharmacy with three drug addicts and a pensioner.   As I listened to the drug users discussing where they could score after collecting their free NHS methadone, I found myself making first contact with my inner Daily Mail reader. The drug-fuelled burglary I had several years ago has  strained the quality of mercy in this respect, and I found it slightly galling to be paying for my prescription, and their methadone.

Off then to London for work which was mainly given over to pet parasites, but working with a nice Spanish account handler called Yaiza and talking about the presence of Toxocara cati eggs in cat faeces.  Grabbed a cheeky single beer after work with Matty boy, Andy and Anne from the agency, and caught a slightly later train that got me into Brighton at the same time as my usual one.

I stopped off at Sing Li for a bag of fish and chips and sloped home to go through the normal cycle of wolfing them down, followed by a wave of greasy unease.

Poor Lorraine working very late, in what is a difficult week for her. Already yearning for the weekend.

Comments