Breakthrough

A good writing day today - the first for some time. Had a big breakthrough this afternoon and raced ahead with the Skelton in Guernsey story and the first draft is almost complete. To my suprise there is quite a sad bit at the end, and tears came into my eyes as I typed it. In an adventure story, life is heightened, and it needs a corresponding bittersweet moment at the end to realise that amid all the action and dynamic changes, something is also lost. Classic children's fiction is full of it. The children return from Narnia back to grey England, the magic ends. In Toy Story 3 the toys are given away.

At night listening to the radio and beginning to revamp my peterkenny.co.uk website.

Comments

Kate said…
Nooooooo! Have been waiting for ages to watch Toy Story 3 (working my way through 1 and 2 first). I knew there was a sad bit at the end but didn't know why... until now. x