Basking

Beat the moths from the PK shorts today and sported them in the sun. Brighton milling with people, the beach crowded. Hundreds sitting in the parks, outside pubs and cafes with cold beers and coffees, buskers here and there and everywhere the pasty English blossoming into summer clothes. Spotted the first sunburnt noses of the year.

I went to the gym at lunchtime, and pressed on with the story. Talked to mum who is doing some cover art for me, and had a quick chat with First Matie, who I've not seen for ages. Listening to Richard Gibson's sonnets demo CD. Absolutely gorgeous. Met Matt outside the Brighton Tavern basking in the sun and having a glass of lager, a rare thing for a Yorkshireman. Dehydrated, I had two nice pints of water, and had a chat with a guy called Chris, who is a musician and journalism student.

Then to the Basketmakers where Lorraine and Betty arrived, soon followed by Cath. Enjoyable brace of beers then to Riddle & Finns where Mark was working. We had glasses of pink wine, complimentary bubbly, plates of fishy goodness, including some 'native' oysters, which I said looked restless but nobody thought this was funny. I then had the best banoffee pudding I can remember having. Then home to Lorraine's place fairly early for bed. Lorraine end-of-termish and very tired.

Comments