An angtröm of interest

If you peer down the world's most powerful electron microscope in the USA's Department of Energy's National Center for Electron Microscopy at the Lawrence Berkeley National Library you might just be able to locate the interest I have in The British Royal Family.

So instead of gawping like a peasant at the wedding I was writing Defenders of Guernsey till mid afternoon, but as I ate some species of noodle at lunch I did watch them kissing on the balcony of Buckingham Palace. Jane Mosse (now Fleming of course) was there too cleverly disguised as Camilla and I particularly enjoyed seeing the Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire fly over a rather lovely looking London. Only a churl would wish them anything but happiness as individuals.

Anton and Anna's street involved in a large party, requiring them all to wear hats, so Anton dropped by to borrow my straw. Matt also dropped in later once I'd finished work and we discussed our harmonious business, before repairing to The Basketmakers, which in collaboration with The Eagle was having a street party. Sat in the pub much as usual, observing how women were dressed in wedding gear, and others were toasting the royal couple with sparkling wines. People were having enormous fun and this was great to see. Bumped into Glenda (sporting a Union Flag top) and Richard, Mark's folks, in the pub. Lorraine arrived too and watched Matt and I drink a couple of beers before we returned home to Lorraine's place to have supper with Betty and Mark and their pals Amy and Jo.

Comments