Evening stars

Spent much of the day cleaning some of the debased filth and grime of my house as Pat and Maureen, Lorraine's folks are going to take care of Calliope and the fish. Went shopping with Lorraine for wedding presents this afternoon, and then, after a cheeky holiday beer in the Basketmakers, we went our separate ways to pack.

In the evening I went to the Evening Star where I met Fingers, Steve and Richard Gibson, who I told just how much I admired his Shakespeare's sonnets. Really nice night drinking lively real beer with these talented men. The only goading moment in the pub came when I realised that when I went to the ATM earlier, I simply entered my pin, collected my card and walked away without trousering the cash. Gah. Hopefully there were few about so there is a chance it was reswallowed. Oh well... Holiday tomorrow!

Comments