Back to Brighton

Up early to write some copy for my French clients, this done there was admin and catching up with this blog to do -- not to mention looking at the 260 photos I have taken, and the film on my flip camera. Some of this on the cliffs has turned out beautifully and I will try to post some moving images here.

A nice surprise, as Janet dropped by for a chat, and left me some flyers for her open house, which will also feature some of Mum's work in it. Spoke to Mum who has sent me some pictures of La Biche for the cover of my children's story for the Guernsey Literary Festival.

In the afternoon off to Lorraine's to meet her and Pat and Maureen, we went to the cafe in Preston Park, not far from where she lives and had a late lunch sitting in the sun. Lorraine noticing how noisy everything is compared to the Guernsey cliffs, where the predominant sound was waves and birdsong. I wish I was still there. Another four months would have been perfect.

Repaired home as I was feeling suddenly very tired -- drank lots of water and felt much better. Stayed up late to watch a classic movie I'd never seen before: Godfather II. A fascinating film.

The Buddhist moment in Jane and Richard's wedding was very lovely. I mentioned to Richard that it also reminded me I need to get back to my own principles. I have found myself so wrapped up in my projects that I have become even more ego-centric than usual. In Guernsey it was such a relief not to write for five days, and to get outside my head and listen to birdsong. Lorraine and I several times just sat on benches listening to birds and the sea and feeling the sun on our skin, and thinking about important things like wild flowers and rock pools. Did me the world of good, and Lorraine seemed more relaxed that I can remember seeing her for some time.

Below Toby sent his photo of Romy, my lovely sister in law.

Comments