Shopping

Shopping today and into a few toy stores to look for presents for Oskar and Klaudia. Luckily I had Lorraine with me who was able to step in before I re-enacted The Shining in the aisles of a toyshop after walking around the shop 12 times seeking a Jolly Octopus.

There are some shops at this time of year I find almost impossible, I am always in the way of the sparrowy folk who can actually flit about in them. I did manage to aquire a nice reading lamp in Habitat, but shops full of women's trinkets and baubels such as Accessorize simply do not enough space for a men to enter them without barging into carousels of cheap earrings and silk effect scarves.

A couple of hours of this, and home for a cup of tea and to discuss, at some length, with Lorraine the best way of assembling floor standing angle-poised reading lights. She will persist in reading the instructions.

Then off to our usual curry house, which we'd not been to for a while. Sat next to a couple rowing sotto voce. I couldn't help noticing, however, the woman even had provocative hair. Mercifully they took their bickering away and we settled in for a pleasant night, not to mention a free calendar of nondescript country which may or may not have been India.

Comments