Sunday stuff

Invited up to London to do a couple of days work, which I have perhaps foolishly accepted. Later in the day also contacted by my French clients about some work soon too. Strange when the business stuff happens on Sunday after a quiet week.

Lorraine and I to her place this afternoon where I briefly rolled up my sleeves for manwork. I fixed her toilet cistern after tampering with ball cocks and employing a shaved cork to exemplary effect. Also surveyed the baby guppies. Then read Kenneth Rexroth's translations of Tu Fu (aka Du Fu) which I am finding wonderful.

Out with Anton this evening. Called around at his house where he had been cleaning records and played me a couple of tracks by the The 5th Dimension. An enjoyable evening with Anton sliding out over the ice for a couple of beers and pausing to eat some ribs. A nice night. Anton talking about wanting an immense valve amplifier among other things.

Comments