Over the farm gate

Unbelievable passage of dreams all night long. I can't remember the last time I woke up with what seemed like six full length dream movies in my head. Some of them involved being in Australia and New Zealand (places I have never been), others involved flying in biplanes and hot air balloons, in another I was walking on the edge of a tropical sea.

Once awake, and finding myself in Brighton, planned Christmas dinner this morning with Lorraine and Beth discussing various things that can be baked. We three off for a drive in the country stopping off at a farm not far from Chanctonbury Ring to order a free range Bronze turkey. Then to a vintners to buy some wines and beers for forthcoming parties and Christmas itself. Then to shops to buy decorations for Lorraine's house.

An afternoon pottering about, watching TV and offering a quantity of helpful advice to Lorraine as she put things up, and hung the tree with Beth. Then home quietly to sort myself out for the week, write some poetry, watch the last 15 minutes of X Factor, watch Match of the Day (Chelsea draw again, bah!) and have a long chat with the Tobster in Canada. He told me about Rob Ford the new mayor of Toronto, and his interview with CBC, which he conducted while coaching a football team. Just astonishing...

Comments