Through the snowy squares

A bad night's sleep, and the alarm going off far too early. Rows of cancellations and delays on the Station's information board. Eventually a train to Victoria arrived and I was able to travel in without being incredibly late. Every person in the train coughing and sneezing, but nice looking out at the white world from the train, and then later walking through the chiaroscuro of snowy London squares. However I was too late and cold to take any photos.

A victim of my own speed, I managed to crack the concept I'd been brought in to work on (with a nice Swede called Sven) almost instantly. I am happy to trade a day's pay for not having to commute to London through the snow just before Christmas. After work walked down to Covent Garden, to meet the French clients for a glass of champagne in their small office, as Katharina who I have been dealing with over the last few months is returning to Germany. Alexandra good value as ever, discussing business opportunities next year with me among more outrageous talk. I like her. Also chatted to Delphine and Virginie, the young intern who is replacing Katharina. Everyone smoking in an authentically French way, apart from me of course.

Home slightly before 10, and repaired to the gold sofa, having felt cold and coldy on the train home. A blessing.

Comments

Kate said…
You missed the bit about remotely locking me out of my email. :-) I like Sven, I think he speaks like a cartoon character. In a nice way.
Peter Kenny said…
Ah yes. I made it the very first thing I did ;-)

Yes he does, now you come to mention it.