Music and MRI

Hungover (which I blame on Bob). In the afternoon off to get an MRI scan of my knee. Twenty minutes with my knee in a clamp looking up at the word SEIMENS while having soft rock played through the ear defenders. Afterwards the radiologist showed me his images. Odd to see your own bone, cartilage, muscle, blood vessels and so on. We are meat machines.

Home and tidied up the place in preparation for Music Club. The first rule of Music Club is you do not talk about Music Club. But this time I'll make an exception. A well-attended inaugural night, with Anton, Fingers, Richard, Steve, Dipak and Matt who arrived late and in his cups after a meeting. Some wonderful eclectic choices from people passionate about their music - all kinds of extraordinary sounds amid enthusiastic drinking of speciality beers. Richard also sang two more of his excellent Shakespeare sonnets. The evening generally considered a success and will be repeated at someone-else's place.

Calliope, who loves men, decided to co-host the evening and spent much of it lapping up attention. Although she pointedly didn't help me tidy up the beer bottles afterwards.

Comments

Kate said…
Love the idea of Music Club, sounds great fun. Sorry I missed you when you came up to the agency but was off talking dogs and cats in Prague. Have been texting Lorraine as I will probably be in the Brighton area on Dec 27th... would be lovely to see you both if you're around.