Intrepid

Started the day with a bacon and egg sandwich, then was collected by Lorraine and Beth for big shop in Sainsbury's as there were boozes, snacks and Christmas grub to be bought. Later we found ourselves up on the garden centre near the racecourse, this is high above town, and you could see the fields and downs still covered in snow. From there you can see how much Brighton is sheltered by the Downs, especially today when bitter north wind was blowing.

A small party run by Lorraine and Dawn was great fun. Lorraine's folks Pat and Maureen arrived today for Christmas. I like tormenting Maureen, who still refuses to believe I had spell at Wormwood Scrubbs before coming to Brighton. Matt and Wayne came with John. Matt absurdly describing me as an attention seeker, and then proceeding to talk the hind legs all available donkeys. Nice to see Wayne who I'd not seen in a while. Jan and Helen and Gareth, and a nice man who used to live opposite Lorraine whose name I'm afraid I forget. Sam turned up looking suave, and Beth and Mark arrived after Mark had finished work. Much snacking on finger foods, and general gossiping. All very Christmassy.

On my Crackberry during the party I received emails from Mum and Joan in Costa Rica. I am pleased to hear from Joan that "Margaret seems to be unfazed by the height and who knows may allow herself to be strapped into a harness and zipped through the clouds. I shall record events from a firm position on the ground". Margaret being of course my mum.

Below three photos from Joan, showing Romy and Dick, the intrepid faces of Mum, Romy and Toby and the swaying bridges that the travellers have scampered over. 'Yikes' is all I can say.






Comments