Wind and my lucky stars

A fierce wind rattling the sash windows in Lorraine's bedroom woke me up early. Fell asleep again, and had a dream about a huge spider. I woke with an appalled start when Brian, Lorraine's dribbling silver tabby, had placed his spidery face in my hand as I slept. Foul weather today, but at least not the flooding that they are having in the North. Up early (for a Sunday) and off with Lorraine and her parents to have another look at the house she is buying. I really like the place. Pat and Maureen, once they'd got over the uniqueness of the property (a converted church hall, and one time nunnery), liked it too. It's current owner is a photographer and healer, so the house smells nice, and is dotted with interesting objet trouvé and the obligatory large Buddha.

After this, we repaired to the nearby Rotunda Cafe in Preston Park for teas and substantial breakfast while the wind and rain held sway outside, and small children ran in circles making high pitched screeching noises.

A quiet afternoon with Lorraine. Freeview crashed this evening so the TV didn't work (and not just for me). Luckily Lorraine and I can read, so all was not lost. Lorraine then back home, and now I am listening to the wind in the Twitten as I write this, and eager to get on with my writing next week, and thanking my lucky stars that I have the opportunity to do so.

Comments