Not getting out enough

Finally got Skelton Yawngrave off to a new agent today. Have created what I call a snub-nosed version of the text which explodes into the action like a snub nosed bullet into a brain. Writing the covering letter and re-writing the synopsis a is lengthy and anxious procedure, like a job application. Feels good to have done it, and each time I go through this I think the package is getting stronger.

Otherwise a nice note from Catriona in Guernsey who is liking the slow but steady progress on the Anthology of Guernsey site. Also Richard has been on the radio talking about it too. Meanwhile, in between feeling groggy, I have been writing new poems, which is a very good feeling. My murder my babies mood has actually been very productive. The week's tally is that I have started a new poem, finished another new poem, and fixed three old poems to the point that I like them again. For me this is speedy work indeed. It helps enormously to know that there is an actual point to it: my Guernsey Double publication with Richard next year.

Been dropping eye drops into one of Calliope's eyes which is often sore. She is remarkably tolerant of this, and although she goes rigid she suffers it, and we are friends afterwards.

Realised that through not feeling well, and having lots of stuff to get on with I have seen nobody since Tuesday bar the staff at the larder (aka Marks and Spencers). So it was good to see Lorraine come by early this evening. It is Beth's 18th birthday and she was having fun with her mates tonight. Lorraine had been putting up bunting, and balloons and so on.

Went to the pub and had a chat. Still feeling rather shattered, but it did me the world of good to get out. Lorraine and First Matie texting each other while I was in the pub.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.