Another man's flowers

Felt groggy this morning. But enjoyed breakfast in the Nia cafe with Lorraine and her parents Pat and Maureen, who returned from a trip to Ireland last night.

Trying not to get tetchy with the poor service and the cold coffee. However we had fun, and I enjoyed a slow mooch through the Laines with them afterwards looking randomly in giftshops, newagey shops, and furniture shops. I like Lorraine's parents, and enjoyed explaining to Maureen that I had left London because the police were after me. They have just bought an aquarium after looking at mine when they were house-sitting for me, so I think my days as a fish consultant are not done.

When Lorraine's Mum and Dad had gone, I spent the afternoon enjoying Richard's poems. Every poem he writes, ends well, and there is a wonderful mix of feelings in them. And it has the added bonus of taking me back to Guernsey in my imagination. Lovely.

Lorraine had lots of work to do this afternoon, and she pushed on with it. I fed her chicken sandwiches, until it was time to watch the new episode of Dr Who, which was busy and chaotic.

After Lorraine left, Calliope, charging after a fly, managed to smash the pot of my 20 year old jade plant.

And so to bed.

Comments