The dead horse of the week

Up to London for another bout of neuropathic pain concepting. Talking to Lorraine before I got to the office, who gave me a pep talk as I was still self-indulgently gloomy. Although the surveyor cancelled this morning, a replacement was found and at last Lorraine's house buyer had a survey done. Perhaps things are going to move for her now.

Sean and I settled into the now familiar banter, as we gave the now necrotizing horse a good flogging. Was longing to be home all day, and felt decidedly jaded. Was offered some work over the weekend, which I declined. A manly hug from Sean as I left.

Anton persuaded me to download The Silmarillion which I was listening to on the train today, which I have not read for about thirty years. It's a bit mad and obsessional. But interesting too.

Nice to be home. It was very tidy, as I had used my computer rage yesterday to tidy up, defrost the fridge etc. When Lorraine came, we went out to find Matt and Wayne. We found them in the Basketmakers, and I had a fun evening talking to Matt and Lorraine. I have learned something new about myself from Matt recently. I am apparently a classic bear as I am a larger gentleman with a beard. And there is a pub he knows which is full of bears who mingle freely with otters, younger skinnier men with beards.

We three lurched back to the Tavern to meet Wayne, and Linda before floating home to eat cheese on toast. A really fun evening, and a great antidote to the petty frustrations of the week.

Comments