Dell sucks

After waiting for Windows 7 from Dell for three weeks, I received a delivery today. I had reloaded all my old software earlier this week, and got the guys in India to help me install the drivers, which the initial guy had left unloaded. Dell's website had informed me the software wouldn't be delivered till the end of the month. But here it was. In a large box. Opened the box to find a smallish DVD sized case inside. This contained nothing other than a bit of smug copy and a key number. Puzzled by this, and the fact the instructions made no sense I called Dell again. Turns out they'd sent me the wrong thing entirely. An upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 7 ultimate. I had wasted the best part of yet another day on bloody computer stuff. Unbelievable.

Many apologies from the Dell folks in India, and I am getting a refund, and will make do with what I have now, seeing as at last I have a working desktop again. And hopefully drawing a line under three weeks of computer disruption.

Felt very depressed this evening at how little I have achieved this week. But I cheered myself up with the thought that, as I have a working computer I could at least make some progress tomorrow. Cue the agency phoning to ask me up to London for another bout of neuropathic pain.

Below: the sheer absurdity of Dell packaging. All this contained was a key number, and so I just had to photograph it. The keen-eyed will spot that Calliope had already crawled in the box.

Comments