A curious coincidence

Cooler today. Donned the socks that Joan knitted. Transpires that Calliope keenly attracted to them and had my toe bitten quite hard at one point.

Also keenly feeling the fact my desktop computer is still not working. If the last Dell estimate of delivery is to be believed, I should have the software midweek. The jobs which are making me feel most anxious because they are not done, such as the anthology of Guernsey stuff, and starting phase two of the Skelton Yawngrave campaign, require me to have that computer.

Got a text to say that Phil and Ash, of my old agency Dell posse, have had a little girl today. An eight pounder, which is excellent news for them.

Otherwise, I worked on three poems and generally made them worse. Sat in Starbucks for a change of scene and tinkered over a large skinny latte. I read Richard's poems for the book, and some of them are wonderful. It is strange that when I read his work there are things in it that I have half thought of writing about but have failed to do so. To see them successfully achieved is strangely comforting.

Phoned late afternoon by John Hamilton of EQ Studios, who was put in touch with me by Wynford. He is toying with putting poems to music, and so I sent him a few to see if they'd butter his parsnips. Seemed like a nice guy. Naturally I told him at some length about the project that Matt and I are doing. Strange how putting my words to music has never happened before, and now there are two people interested in doing so. A curious coincidence.

Lorraine came here at 10:30, as all the beds are being used at her house. She also returned my jams, which was good news. She and First Matie are meeting up after work tomorrow to discuss a pick axe.

Comments