Held responsible

Up to London. Popped in to see my glamorous accountant and hand over things I'd signed. Then into the agency. A long and slightly trying day. But all well when I left at sevenish, the first neuropathic pain work coming to a raging climax today. Interestingly, Richard the visualiser was using a Tablet PC, allowing him to draw directly onto the screen of his computer. Really cool, and makes amending the image really fast, without having to start again like traditional visualisers. Slunk off leaving the ever suffering art director (in this case Sean) to see the work through.

Feeling tired on the train home, half looking out at the occasional firework bursting in the sky while listening to Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. It is a series of linked short stories, in a style the author calls Transgressive Fiction. The opening story, Guts, which I mentioned the other day is without exaggeration, and by some way, the single most disgusting thing I have ever read. Apparently people faint when he does public readings of it.

Got this email from Carl today, its subject was "I hold you responsible".

I have been very disturbed to find that my own dear sweet daughter has secretly been indulging in a dangerous pastime. Not drugs, not alcohol, not cigarettes. Far worse - writing poems!

So far she has only written 3 (that I have seen) but who knows where this habit could lead. I have been racking my brains where she could have been exposed to people who do this sort of thing. And then I thought of YOU.

If my daughter continues with this habit I will hold you responsible. I have shown her some of your work as a warning to where this could lead but it seems only to encourage her.

Incidentally she has read Skelton Yawngrave and she said it was really funny and easy to read. I really hope you get it published.

Hoping to get some pigs in with you soon. Your OCP* Carl

*Old China Plate

Comments