A place where everyone's the same

Much better day's work today. Worked well. The teethgrindingly annoying passage was effortlessly reworked in an hour.

Calliope alternating between sleeping on my desk, resting her head on my keyboard (and occasionally contributing random punctuation) and bouts of demented miaowing as she chases flies about the house that she has smuggled inside in her mouth. I had the window half open in my study and she flung herself at it after a fly and I had to catch her as she scrabbled mid-air like the Coyote in Road Runner. Once caught, the flies are taken to my rug downstairs, which is a kind of insect killing field. Socks often find themselves there too, stolen from my sock draw to receive a savaging.

Anna texted me to say that Klaudia has chicken pox.

Up to the smoke this afternoon to meet Lakshmi and Aimee in Baron's Court. Aimee says she may be moving back to Blighty next year, which is a good thing. We met in a pub theatre, where Aimee's uncle was in a play upstairs. Met Aimee's mum and two cousins they are a cheery clan of many members. Strange to be in a pub where the people have the same faces. Spoke to her cousin Sophie, who sings sometimes with PK personal favourite Alice Russell.

As Aimee's clan watched the play, Lakshmi and I drank steadily, discussing many and various subjects, and then slipped off to have an expensive but rather tasty Indian meal at the Bombay Brasserie. Eventually the call of the seagull was heard and I made it back to Victoria for the late train. A long time since I've been woken up at 1.00pm in a carriage at Brighton station.

Comments