Leopard angels

Up at seven, and wrote a lot of my Guernsey presentation, which made me feel rather big and clever. Slept a good deal on the gold sofa this afternoon, having worked like a dog all week.

Lorraine drove me to buy four fishes for my new aquarium. I spotted some leopard angels, which have a delicate lacy pattern. Very pretty they are too. Having introduced them to my new heavily planted tank, they hid out of sight, only making a few cat tormented forays into open water. But it felt very good to be setting up an aquarium again. I've kept fish off and on since I was ten or eleven and I have always felt that there is something almost spiritual about them. Angel fish move in such a stately restful way.

Calliope, meanwhile, was infurated by them, snapping her teeth at them, and pawing the glass.

Lorraine and I had a slugfest, she cooked and I did nothing and felt a good deal better for it.

Below Calliope and an angel.


Comments