Mark's off

A note this morning from Mark Hill who is off on a jaunt across Europe. He has started a project called "The Grey-haired Gap Year, In which your correspondent sets out in his mid-forties to do the backpacking trip he never quite managed in his twenties." Anyhoo Canadian Mark is off to explore the dark continent of Europe and hopefully get a book out of it too. I will link to his site from my blog.

My day was fine, sorting out a few prosaic tasks and then getting down to Skelton Yawngrave again. Not quite recovered from mystery wussiness of the weekend but definitely improving. Brain still sluggish. Ate a surfeit of fish fingers as I had to defrost the fridge.

Watched the first episode of the third series of The Wire. Never seen this show before, and I can see what all the fuss has been about. It is brilliantly done. I always seem to pick up on TV shows late. If this is what Baltimore is like, makes me feel even more retrospectively grateful for the angelic Nigerian cab driver who rescued me there once, lost and clutching a ruptured suitcase on a dark winter's night. I hope Mark finds a similar Samaritan if he needs one.

Comments