Knitting a Ferrari

Up early and off to Gatwick. Fairly trouble free journey. The Auringy two-engined prop lane bouncing slowly through great castles of cumulus clouds. Felt very happy to be back on the island, an immediate cheerful feeling. Auringy much better than Flybe.

Went for a short walk to Icart point, pausing to eat a ham and mustard sandwich and slurp a cup of tea. The owner of the cafe an unusual gentleman, who once told me he had mercury poisoning.

"Success," he said, sliding my ham sandwich over the counter towards me, "is knitting your own Ferrari".

I mooched happily around the cliffs for a bit, which were bee-loud and bursting with flowers. Slightly cloudy, so that parts of the cliffs were suddenly brilliantly spotlit.

Returned to the hotel and prepared to meet the Guernsey Arts Commission to the new performing arts centre. I was early, which gave me plenty of time to hang about drinking an execrable cup of tea from a vending machine. Met Catriona and sorted out the technology to do the presentation. Turns out I could have simply brought my memory key rather than lugging huge laptop from Brighton.

I liked the chairman Tony straight away, and the commissioners seemed favourably disposed to my idea. But perhaps inevitably the meeting was inconclusive. They need hard and fast costings, before they can commit to even considering backing me, and while I was busy presenting the case for the most important publication in the island's history, and how it can create its own marketing impetus which will benefit the island for generations to come, they were asking how many pages the book would it have, which was a little frustrating.

I was very happy with my presentation though, despite the fact that one of the commissioners was asleep before my bit even started.

Released back into the wild, I wandered back towards town, and caught a cab. After dropping off the laptop I made my way to the Captains for a couple of fortifying bottles of pony, and a bite to eat. Mulling over my next steps.

Early to bed.

Below, snapped from the cliffs this afternoon. Bottom a cup of tea at Icart.













Comments

a said…
It can be done........

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1879263.html
Kate said…
I know that path! Congrats on the presentation. x