iGoads

Got up groggily in La Barbarie and packed, breakfasted and then went for a short walk taking a few last snaps. Wonderful fresh morning, and Guernsey looking its best. Pleasant cabbie back to the airport, then before long the familiar sadness of seeing Guernsey, Herm and Sark slipping away. Flew a little to the west of Alderney, with the long beaches of the French coast clearly visible.

It had been lovely to be back in my spiritual home, despite having to work and feeling a bit under the weather.

Text from Beth on arrival in Gatwick saying that Calliope and the fish were fed. Arriving home, I was pleased to discover that she and Mark had left my place in better shape than they found it.

Calliope bursting with love and it was at least half an hour before she bit me reproachfully. Angel fish still looking happy in the tank.

After some shopping, I settled down to work. Except then I realised that I'd left my only pair of glasses on the train. Back to the station and, to my delighted amazement, my specs were promptly handed back.

Logged back onto my computer only to discover that my iTunes folder had freakishly corrupted when I last used it. I found rescue software to download your collection from your iPod. This, despite being free software, kept demanding to be paid. I idiotically pressed the wrong button, which then wiped 3000 tunes and all my playlists at a stroke. I do have back ups for most of it. Fabulously galling.

At 5:30 I stopped before I eradicated something else, and simply sat on my sofa, finished Appointment with Venus, which was enjoyable enough, despite an alarming reference at one point to seeing "a coon show" in London.

Lorraine came around this evening, and I sat about being a bit braindead with her on my gold sofa, before she took Beth's case away, and I went to bed accompanied by a snoozing cat.

Below a few last morning snaps.






Comments

Kate said…
LOVE the bunnies! Brilliant shot.