No flukes

Up early to work on Skelton Yawngrave. Grinding out the last lap out. Lorraine got up much later and cooked us breakfast.

In the afternoon, a long walk over to the other side of Brighton to a dubious little fish shop to buy some some gill fluke treatment. The owner was sitting in his doorway, and the windows blackened (to prevent algae in the tanks I guess) and he seemed quite reluctant to actually let us enter. One of my angel fish may have brought this condition, common in our finny friends, into my aquarium. Lorraine and I ambled up through Kemptown and after the piscine deal was done, along to the seafront to walk back. Gorgeous day, and the beaches thronging. After ambling about for some time, the notion of a very cold lager became irresistible.

We went to the Hop Poles to assuage this, rather decadently. Talking to the barmaid who had exotic tattoos. And as night follows day, the notion of a curry began to clarify and harden in our minds. We called Beth and Mark, and had an early evening curry with them in our usual place. And as usual much fawning over Lorraine, who got a specially cooked meal, which was not offered to me. Complained bitterly afterwards to Lorraine that I am no better than arm candy when in this restaurant. The two young things went off on a babysitting assignment, and Lorraine and I returned home with our top hats on askew, to snooze on my sofa, watching bits of the Wimbledon bonk-bonk-fest and Glastonbury music festival.

Comments