A sustainable life

Productive Monday. Up early, and did a telephone interview at 10, where I spoke to Brighton's splendidly-named sustainable development guru Thurstan Crockett, about the forthcoming festival and what's going on in Brighton. Pleased to learn that Brighton won Forum for the Future award last year for its sustainability initiatives.

I cleverly (but somewhat tangentially) steered the conversation onto gulls, and explained my theory that there were two tribes in Brighton: The People and The Gulls. He wanted to go on record that gulls were much maligned. Hmm. I thought. Tell that to the one that got its thieving beak into Electra's noodles the other week. As Thurstan had worked as a journalist it made the interview very easy and I'd blasted the article out by noon. Really interesting guy.

Then focused on my Pamphlet project, now called i love you. I have reworked it, completed the proposal and other bits and there was nothing more to do with it other than send it off, after email approaches and one telephone call. Be interesting to see if it get any nibbles. God speed you, you little pamphlet. It is a very mentally clearing thing. Now... onto my other projects. I've got more of 'em than New York.

Heard several times from Mex lately. She is incredibly busy and doing exceedingly well. If you haven't checked out her website lately you should do.

Also got a friendly note from Alison MacLeod, who I'd met at the write club the other day. She's invited me out with her pals next time they meet, which is really nice. I've ordered her book, The Wave Theory of Angels, and her pal Susanna Jones' book The Missing Person's Guide to Love from Amazon.

I had done all this by three thirty, so I zoomed off for a swim feeling quite pleased with myself. Usual sumo-ing about, and biffing into people. It just isn't very relaxed in there.

My old agency bumped my freelance for a day so I have a free day to write tomorrow which is excellent. Off to the Eddy tonight for a cheeky beer and read the Poetry South collection and half watched some desperate slogging football and got chatting to a guy called Colin who worked in construction.

St Patrick's day today. Paddy the Ghost Cat didn't show up, dispelling my theory that the ghost cat appears once a year. Maybe that's a good thing.

Below Sprinkles sent me this from Florida, which made me larf.

Comments