A bit of a write off

The wrong side of the bed this morning; antsy and couldn't settle.

Tried instead to do practical things, which all seemed to backfire, such as attempting to log onto the website of Writers' & Artists' Yearbook. Access to the site comes free with the yearbook, and you type in the code that comes with the book. This simply crashed, and has done for two days. Sent an email to enquiries at A and C Black (listed in the yearbook) which was bounced. Phoned the company and got nowhere. Useless and annoying wankers.

Gloom snowballed somewhat with inability to work. Ended up going for a walk by the sea, trying to decide on reasons not to leave clothes in a pile. Main reason: the water looked cold. After walking for two hours I felt a bit more cheery though.

Home and spoke to Mike at On Track for some time about Brighton and his plans and schemes. Also confirmed I will be up to the smoke again tomorrow to work with my old agency again.

For some reason had the taste for fish and chips and so dived out into the twitten, to go to the Sing Li chippy. I paused to talk to a neighbour who said she liked the new blue of my front door. Then a nasty moment when I realised I'd locked myself out for the first time in three years, and couldn't get hold of Anna who has a spare set. Visions of standing about in the cold waiting for locksmiths. Fortunately Anna was bathing the bairns and was at home. After legging up the hill I stood briefly over the kids sliding about in the bath till Anna thankfully found my keys and all was well.

Lorraine came around briefly tonight for a chat and a sparkling water, and as she walked in, a strange black and white cat strolled in bold as brass, and lurked behind my sofa. Eventually I shooed it out, but it didn't really want to go. Perhaps it is a reincarnation of Paddy the Ghost Cat.

Below a very low tide today. Noticed on the old pier lost nets like clothes on washing lines.





Comments