A punchable savior

Just before I woke up, I had a nightmare that I was back at my agency full time. I'm having to contend with Groundhog Day feelings about being there. But once I just deal with it for what it is: an excellent bit of freelance, and a chance to see some old friends, it is actually pretty enjoyable.

On the train listening to the final volume of the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud. An Anton recommendation, a good fantasy, with excellent writing - with the last book being by far the best plotted in my opinion. However it almost killed me: run over by a bus outside Victoria station while listening to my headphones. An employee of the bus company was roaring Bus! at me. I was looking at him vaguely to my left wondering why he was shouting, as the bus loomed on my right. Happily I stopped shortly before squashing commenced. I sincerely thanked him, but then he began shaking his head and enlarging on what an idiot I was, and pretty soon I felt like punching my saviour in his head. Life is odd.

Into work, and lots of jobs being piled on mostly of a dull but detailed sort to do with stocks and shares ISAs. At lunch went off for a stroll upstream along the river with The Gnome and called into a pub for a couple of coffees (yes, coffees). Having spent so much time in each other's company over the last three years, it's feels really good to catch up. Being with other art directors, makes you realise the value of working with someone you really know.

Was supposed to be babysitting tonight, but Anton still ill with his bug, which seems not to be shingles. Chilling instead in my crib, watching DVDs of Vic Reeves Big Night Out, which still makes me smirk due to its maniacal wordplay.
Below more stuff from the boneyard shot today. Liking the negatives. Maybe that's what angels really look like.




Comments