The grump within

Up unspeakably early to get into London to get an early start at the agency. Grumped onto the train, noting that my recent sense of humour bypass is holding. Falling into old survival patterns: meditation tracks, and then to Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo podcast from BBC radio 5. I always really enjoy their show, and pleased to hear Kermode rating The Orphanage. One I am definitely going to see, although I suspect I will be ululating with horror, and apparently crying like a big girl at the end. Even the trailer gives me chills.

Worked all day through lunch on stuff for financial clients with Bee and Lana, who got engaged at the weekend. I was the soul of amenability despite the grump within. Then shot out like a rabbit from a ferrety warren at five thirty. Listening to an audiobook, and crazily fiddling with the stupid game on my phone. I can't believe how long I lived like this. Experiencing acute and violent heartburn at the moment, not something I get too much. Spoke to Lorraine on the phone about it and she seems to think I may not need an operation, but then she had been doing an NLP class all day.

Fab, however to be home, after zipping up the hill and returning Anton's keys that I inadvertently trousered when I was at Anna and Anton's house yesterday. While today I found a handy little sachet containing a computer screen wipe, which I carefully brought home. This sachet is now in my washing machine spinning at many hundred revolutions a minute, no doubt leaching its many poisons into my clothes and the environment.

Nice chat with Lakshmi tonight, and was forgiven despite having shamefully missed her birthday last week. I will make amends.

Comments