The cat's miaow

Beginning another week freelancing at my old agency. Feeling better adjusted psychologically to it this week. Sloped off at lunch with the French Bloke who is now working for the agency next door. We sat in a quiet Riverside studios eating a delicate thali and shooting the breeze over a glass of wine. He was very enthusiastic about the redesign of his house, and drew his plans in some detail in one of my notebooks. He is also really enjoying his new job, so all is well.

Spoke to Mum for a bit at lunch time too, and got a nice email from Joan which contained the picture, below, of the cats and a dogs of Deviation Road living in perfect harmony. Joan was urging me to get a cat. It would have to be one from a sanctuary that needed re-homing.

In fact, cats have been playing on my mind, especially as I have been writing letters about taking care of abandoned cats in the last few working days. Once things settle down for a bit, I might get one. Especially as I'm working from home a bit more now. It would be a working cat of course. I might give it some of my easier filing jobs, and it could graduate onto tapping out a bit of copy. It would of course follow in the long and noble tradition of copy cats.

In other news I became increasingly concerned that there was something significantly wrong with me. A ring I always wear began to feel incredibly tight and I couldn't take it off. My hand looked normal, but the ring told another story. Only later in the evening did I realise that the ring was on the wrong finger, which explained the tightness. I happened to be talking to Lorraine on the phone at the time, who laughed at me somewhat when I discovered this.

Below a Jack Russell and companion soak up the heat through their pads in Ontario.


Comments