Meeting Toby in town

Into my old agency to finish working on the pitch. Typically in the middle of a streaming cold which improved as the day wore on. Usual last minute stuff, and I left the Gnome at the end of the day facing hours of seeing things through the studio. Nice to chat to people there, but doubly nice to be able to walk away.

Off then into town to meet Toby, who is in the country for a week. He'd been in Wales seeing chums, and lurking with Mum and Mase. I met him outside the Apogee off Leicester Square. He was wearing a very nice biscuit coloured duffel coat, which I coveted somewhat. It was bought in South America, and has a Paddington Bearish air.

We slid off to The Salisbury pub, and sat in the back room which has mirrored walls, and drank beers, and did lots of talking and general family gossip and discussing things like the nature of love. Then off to a pizza restaurant for a bit of a feed. Great to go see Toby lad, makes me feel sad we can't just do that more often on account of us living thousands of miles apart. But with Toby it always feels like you've just had a chat yesterday.

Fond farewells to Tobs, and then off home. Some problem on the tube meant I missed my Brighton train by seconds. Slow train to Hove and then a cab home.

Comments