Back in the swim

After a few hours working on my poems, off to the swimming pool behind the library. I am still weak after having the flu, and so was fairly beat after 25 minutes, but it was great to swim again. Though it takes a while to get used to a new pool and its ways. This one has unisex changing areas (in cubicles) for example. Rather busier than the last one I used which was pleasingly quiet, as suits a more voluminous gentleman like myself.

Then off to the Lanes to buy presents for Klaudia in the toyshop. Excellent now it is not Christmas, as a gentleman you can go into the toyshop and in your best Hugh Grant manner say that you have a four year old Godchild who likes purple and organising things and er... flick imaginary forelock can you help? I came out with two puppets (a Princess and a multicoloured hairy parrot), a jigsaw and another toy which sticks to the side of the bath and allows the child to add clothes to a flat cut out figures.

Working all afternoon and evening, breaking off for the essential Scrubs and food. Late in the evening I went to meet Lorraine and two of her chums in the Sussex Yeoman, which is one of the pubs within thirty seconds of my front door. Her chums, called Dawn and Josie were really nice, and were all discussing weighty matters such as racism and politics when I arrived, but I soon steered the conversation on to how big and clever I was. Josie is a writer so we had a lot in common.

Comments