The FB and the Anglesea

Back to the quack this morning to talk about The Ears. Apparently I just have to wait till they sort themselves out. They are not blocked by wax or anything nasty, they are just swollen inside. I am getting used to it a bit now, and it has its advantages, like muffling the night noises from the Twitten.

Working all morning on various freelance bits, however my week's work was done by lunchtime. I was able to jump on a train and head up to the Smoke. I quite enjoy this ride now that I don't have to do it every day, and it was nice to be back in London for a few hours.

I went to meet the French Bloke in the Anglesea Arms, a fine gastro pub in Hammersmith where the FB, Rick, Hike among others had been forking down his leaving lunch. I tucked into a glass of wine, and got talking to an ex-colleague called Tim who is keen on modern American poetry and went to Warwick University too, albeit 100 years later than me.

We were soon joined by Max and little Tahlia and Zemirah who, being totally cute, had the everyone cooing. Matty boy and Katie, Mike and others also arrived later on and it was very altogethery. The FB on good form I thought, and is talking about finishing his book on marketing for the pharmaceutical sector in the three weeks off he has before starting his new job. I'm looking forward to reading it, particularly when he mentioned that I was in it too. Not quite sure what this means, but I was intruiged. Perhaps I show up in a section about hypochondria.

Unused to drinking, and feeling a bit flaky I left very early, getting a lift with Max as she was driving the babies home very early on. She dropped me off at Hammersmith station, where walking into the station, the leaving early thing backfired as I'd left my phone in the Anglesea, so had a walk back in the rain for it.

Home eventually, tired and slightly drunk, and toting a Chinese takeaway.

Comments