To thine own self be true

Happy new year! This new year's morning I have just walked out into the corner store in what seems a very sleepy Brighton, subdued in the aftermath of fireworks and partying, not to mention the two men who ran back and forth in the twitten making Native American style whoopings in the night.

However I party pooped, thanks to the flu (aka the humbug). But this was good as I got to talk to Mum and Toby and Lorraine and take happy new year texts from many others.

On the 30th, which was Mum's birthday, I travelled back down to Brighton. I felt a bit sad that I had brought only extra laundry and sore lungs to Mum and Mas for Christmas.

It felt good to glimpse the great outside and to exploit the opportunity to glare balefully at people with my fiery Sauron eyes. Lorraine came around shortly after I arrived, and cooked me a meal, and generally took care of me. As a hypochondraic, I find knowing that she used to be a ward sister a great comfort.

This time last year, watching the sun rise in Japan, I thought that 2007 was going to be significant, and I was right. This year is when the consequences of those choices will start to play out. There is something different about me, I feel stronger in a way I can't put my finger on, but I think I feel truer to myself than I have ever felt.

I have many blessings. And I wish everyone who reads this blog many blessings too, and a wonderful new year.

Below, my favourite dawn image from this time last year.

Comments